Our financial support helps to fund equipment, care and quality of life interventions for people with MND and their families. We consider applications where a need has been assessed by a health or social care professionals or other appropriate person, and where:
- Equipment or a service has not been provided by a statutory service, or where the support does not fall within their statutory responsibilities or criteria.
- There is an unacceptable delay in provision by a statutory service.
- We can bridge the gap while awaiting provision by a statutory service.
- A ‘quality of life intervention’ is anything that will make life easier or more comfortable for the person with MND and/or your carer.
An application for financial support can be made:
- Either by a health or social care professional who has identified a need for the equipment or other service.
- Or by an appropriate professional, person with MND or representative who can demonstrate a need for a quality of life intervention.
In the past as a group we have provided financial support towards the cost of a variety of items and services such as, transport, holidays, home appliances and complementary therapies.
For further advice or information or to make an application please visit the financial support page on the MND Associations website.